Job Title: New Media/Communications Fellowship
Location: Washington DC
Time Period: January, 2012- December, 2012
Background: Family Equality Council connects, supports, and represents the one millions parents in this country who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, and the two million children they are raising. Over the past 30 years we have built an approach that strengthens families in three ways: building our community to support parents and children; sharing our stories to open hearts and minds; and raising our voices to create social justice for all families.
Summary: The New Media/Communications Fellow is an integral member of Communications team. This paid felllowship involves assistance with external communications and marketing efforts on behalf of the organization, its events, programs and fundraising initiatives. The position requires at least 20 hours of work per week.
Duties: Day to day duties will include supervised management and execution of social media outreach and engagement, design and production of basic digital collateral materials, assistance with maintenance of organizational website and potential development and production of marketing videos . Success in this position requires highly developed organizational skills, the ability to problem solve independently, a team-oriented mindset, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working towards or completed a Graduate degree in a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in Use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Familiarity or Interest in LGBT and/or progressive issues
- Highly Skilled in Social Media practices and skilled in use of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Flickr
- Skilled in use of the following programs: iMovie, iPhoto, Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and to manage projects with some supervision
Salary and Benefits: This is a paid part-time fellowship. Benefits do not apply.
Application Process: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three current references to Steve Majors, Director of Communications. Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org